Imagine waking up to the view of lush gardens and the backdrop of the Andes Mountains. After spending quiet time with God amidst the eucalyptus trees, you walk onto a simple grass soccer field with over 200 kids literally jumping at the chance to play games with you. Now picture yourself walking the narrow, cobblestone streets of ‘Old Town’ in Quito taking in the smells, sights, and sounds. Hear the powerful roar of a waterfall as you reach the end of the trail in the Ecuadorian jungle. You finish the day sitting around a campfire, reflecting on how God is using this time to shape you. These experiences and many more await you when you choose to be a part of an El Refugio short-term team.
Throughout the year we are blessed to host several teams from North America. Though the vast majority of participants who come to El Refugio are Ecuadorian, the property and ministry we do simply would not be where it is now were it not for the financial support and physical work done by these teams from North America.
Our Short-Term Team Experiences Include:
- El Refugio’s adventure programming
- Community exposure and involvement
- Work/service projects at El Refugio
- Involvement with the local church
- Cultural exposure/eco-tourism
- Collaboration with ministry partners in the jungle
- Guided solo-time opportunities at El Refugio
- Opportunities to buy handmade artisan goods
- Nightly times of reflection around the campfire
We are always looking for additional churches and ministries who want to partner deeply with the work God is doing here at El Refugio. We believe in creating healthy short-term experiences that hinge on reciprocal partnerships. Please let us know if you are interested in partnering by bringing a team to serve with us in Ecuador!