As a ministry we desire to see each and every life impacted as a result of their time spent at El Refugio. We are intentional about the experiences we customize for each group that we host. A way in which we consider our success in doing this is expressed in our measures. Ultimately our goal is that people would be living and experiencing the abundant life in Christ. Our Vision stands on four pillars: Our mission, measures, strategy, and values.
Our Mission: What we exist to do
Hacienda El Refugio is an outdoor retreat center which facilitates a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through nature and outdoor adventure.
Our Measures: What marks success/what we hope to see
Our Strategy: How we do it
- We identify with the group
- We create an environment
- We facilitate for transformation
- We empower them to pursue the abundant life in Christ
Our Values: What’s important to us
- Empowerment – Teaching to fish
- Nature – Connecting to LIFE through the rhythm of retreat in nature
- Risk – When comfort ends growth begins
- Intentionality – Working purposefully
- Local Church – Thy kingdom come, one church at a time
- Holistic Transformation – Facilitate authentic, comprehensive, Christ-centered, life change